Many of the unique opportunities offered by Makwa Resourcing Inc. are sub-contract positions. Unlike employees, nearly all independent contractors will need to charge their effective employers GST/HST for all services being billed.

Do I need to charge GST/HST?

If you are an independent contractor and your gross annual income exceeds $30,000, you are no longer considered a small supplier and will need to charge GST/HST on all of your services. The moment your annual income exceeds $30,000, you will need to register for and start charging GST/HST as part of your invoices.

How do I get my GST/HST number?

You can obtain your GST/HST number from the Canadian Federal Government online. There are no costs associated with this process. You can sign up for your GST/HST number online using this link.